Preventing automated submissions is a key factor of your contest credibility, TotalContest make use of Google reCaptcha to prevent such vote requests. You can enable this feature by checking Extras > Captcha (reCaptcha by Google) from contest editor.
As mentioned above, as long as TotalContest uses Google reCaptcha, you will have to get a “Site Key” and “Secret Key” from the service.
To generate a site and secret keys (Steps requires you have a google account) :
- Head to Google reCaptcha site.
- Click “Get reCaptcha”.
- Under “Register a new site”, enter :
- Label: For management purpose (won’t be visible to visitors).
- Domains: Enter your site domain or sub domains you’re going to use.
- Send alerts to owner: Google can send you alerts if there are any problems with the Captcha.
- Thats all! Copy your site key and secret key and paste them into the fields in your contest edit page.
Last updated on March 1, 2017