So you have created your contest, but you will have to configure some settings related to the users who are adding submissions. The concept of submission is what the contestant upload or add to the contest and other users can vote for. It’s the participation of the user in the contest.
In this article, all sections related to entering submissions are going to be explained.
You can select what type of participation can the user upload. If your contest is about the best image, then you select “image” and let your users upload images and only images to participate. Your selection will decide what options you have. You can visit contest upload settings article for more details on each tab.
You can request some other fields from users who are going to add submissions like their email address or phone numbers. You can simply create your own form by adding a field. You can visit the upload form configuration article for more details on how to create your form.
This tab has some options for the new inserted submissions.
- Publish after moderator approval: When enabled, the new submission will not be visible to public until the moderator publishes it through wp-admin.
- Submission title: The title of the submission. You may use the variables as mentioned under the field for dynamic values (according to the submission details).
- Submission subtitle: More details on the submission. It’s usually added below the submission title in the gallery page to specify some details about the contest like the date, views or number of votes. You may use the variables as mentioned under the field for dynamic values (according to the submission details).
The limitations are the ways to control participating in your contest from different aspects:
Will start accepting submissions within a period of time. Users will not be able to enter a submission before or after that period. It has the following fields:
- Start date: Will specify the date and time where submissions will start to get accepted.
- End date: Will specify the date and time where submissions will stop being accepted.
The membership limitation will make your contest accept submissions from specific users who have specific roles only. It has the following field:
- Required membership roles: Select the roles that can enter submissions. You can select multiple roles by holding the Control key on Windows or Command key on Mac.
Quota is the number of submissions to be accepted before stopping accepting any other submissions. This is necessary if you need a specific number of submissions only. This limitation has the following field:
- Number of submissions: The number of submissions to accept and entering submissions will be closed after reaching this number.
Frequency options are the number of submissions to accept from users for every period of time. This can block any attempts to enter more submissions that was specified in your contest rules and regulations. You will see the following options:
- Block based on: The methods that will be used to block any attempts to enter submissions more than the allowed amount for each user. This is a big topic to talk about. Thus, you may visit frequency limitations article for more details.
- Submissions per user: The number of submissions allowed for each user. i.e. 2 will let each user enter 2 submissions and only 2 submissions.
- Timeout: The timeout where entering submissions will be allowed again to the user. So if the submissions per user was 2 and the timeout was 1440 (1 day in minutes). This means the user can enter a submission twice every day.
Last updated on March 1, 2017